840 Bed Inkosi Albert Luthuli Central Hospital, Outsourcing, Durban in South Africa
Department of Health, KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Government
IMPILO Consortium (Pty.) Ltd. AME was shareholder in IMPILO and operating sub-contractor for IT through AME Africa Healthcare (Pty) Ltd.
2002 – 2017 (AME sold shares 2013)
Operation of Total Hospital Information System (T.H.I.S) under a 15 year PPP contract
Newly constructed 840 beds General Hospital has contracted the implementation and operation of Medical Equipment, Facility Management and Total Hospital Information System (T.H.I.S.). The project has been awarded on a Public Private Partnership (PPP) basis for a period of 15 years.
- EMR – Electronic Medical Record
- PACS – Picture (images) Archiving and
- Communication System
- RIS – Radiological Information System
- LIS – Laboratory Information System
- PIS – Pharmacy Information System
- HIS – Hospital Information System
- Critical Care System (for ICU/ CCU/ HDWS/ OT’s)
- Administration & Financial Systems
- Human Resource Management System
The services provided are
- Planning & System Design
- System Integration
- Testing & Commissioning
- Training & Change Management
- Maintenance & Operation
By the end of 2013, AME International GmbH has transferred its public private partnership business in South Africa, by way of a share purchase to a third party company.